PHOTO GALLERY: Previous winners of Norwich music competition The Next Big Thing
The search is on for the region's hottest new music acts with the launch of the 2012 The Next Big Thing competition.
Brit Award winner Ed Sheeran – who performed at the 2012 Olympics' Closing Ceremony at the weekend – is among the previous The Next Big Thing winners along with Norwich-based group The Kabeedies who have since played at Glastonbury and had their music featured in a worldwide advertising campaign.
Now emerging musicians have chance to follow in their footsteps and enter the eighth The Next Big Thing competition which is being run by Norwich-based Future Radio in association with Outline Magazine and OPEN.
The winner's prize will include a recording session at OPEN studios where their track can be made into a 2D and 3D video, a studio session at Future Studios, and a photo-shoot from JMA Photography.
Future Radio station manager Terry Lee said: 'The Next Big Thing is established as the best up and coming music competition in the eastern region, with a fantastic list of previous winners.
'Ed Sheeran, who won in 2008, has gone on to win two Brit Awards, and he still plays the guitar he won as a prize in his live performances today.'
Acts – which must be based in Norfolk or Suffolk – have until September 24 to enter online at www.outlineonline.co.uk/news/enter-the-next -big-thing-competition
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
OPEN, in Norwich, will host the semi-finals in October and the final on November 11.
For more visit www.futureradio.co.uk/nextbigthing