Photo gallery: Bank Holiday weekend dance spectacular on Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
Children and teenagers entertained theatre-goers with a show of 'pure dance' on a Cromer landmark this weekend.
Let's Dance 2013 was held at the Pavilion Theatre on the town pier on last night and will be performed again tonight at 7.30pm and tomorrow at 2.30pm.
It includes 150 students aged between three and 18 from Marlene's School of Dancing on Louden Road, Cromer, and is the 10th bi-annual show put on by the long-running school.
Marlene Duniam, who started the school 23 years ago after moving from London, said: 'It is the biggest dance show that Cromer Pier has. It gives the children the experience of working in a professional theatre.
'It gives them confidence to perform in front of their family and friends. It gives them such a buzz.'
She added a lot of her students have changed for the better because of the passion they learn from taking part in the performance.
But Mrs Duniam said putting the show together was no mean feat.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
Let's Dance 2013 includes performances from young dancers in pretty tutus and classical ballet sequences to swing dance, street dance.
This year's show also includes 14-year-old street dancer AJ, from Norwich.
Student Ellie Cook, 16, from Cromer Academy, said: 'It is quite impressive how it has come together because it is not easy. There is so much variety of dancing in the show.'
A lot of the older dancers who have featured in the popular Seaside Specials on Cromer Pier described the Pavilion Theatre as their second home.
Tickets cost £13 for adults and £10 for children and concessions. A family ticket for two adults and two children will cost £40.
To book ring the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier-com.
For more information about Marlene's School of Dancing ring 01263 515288, visit www.marlenesschoolofdancing.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also like the school on Facebook or follow @marlenesdancers on Twitter.