Photo: Extras take a break from filming Tulip Fever at Norwich Cathedral
- Credit: Caroline Clarke @canarycaz
Norwich's Cathedral Close looks like it has stepped back in time in this photograph tweeted by @canarycaz.
The people dresses in period costume are thought to be extras in the film Tulip Fever which is currently being shot in the cloister at Norwich Cathedral.
Caroline Clarke tweeted the picture from her Twitter account with the comment, 'extras take a break from filming. Or I have travelled back in time...'
An array of trees and greenery have been brought into the cathedral's cloister to conjure up a backdrop for the film which tells the story of a married woman who begins a passionate affair with an artist hired to paint her portrait.
Set in 17th century Amsterdam, Tulip Fever is based on the novel by Deborah Moggach, who also penned the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
The book has been adapted for cinema by Tom Stoppard and the film features an impressive cast including
Dame Judi Dench (Philomena), Alicia Vikander (Anna Karenina), Dane DeHaan (Chronicle), Christoph
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
Waltz (Django Unchained), Holliday Grainger (Bonnie and Clyde), Jack O'Connell (300: Rise of an Empire), Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover), Matthew Morrison (Glee), Tom Hollander (Rev.), Cara Delevingne (Anna Karenina) and Cressida Bonas.
Justin Chadwick, the film's director, previously directed The Other Boleyn Girl and Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom. Ruby Films' Alison Owen (Saving Mr Banks) is producing the project with Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company, and Bob Weinstein is executive producing.
The Tulip Fever film company is expected to be at Norwich Cathedral until June 25, and filming for Tulip Fever is also taking place at locations in Suffolk, Essex, Kent and at Pinewood Studios.