Phil Nichol - The Naked Racist
f dived on stage like a small Canadian energy bomb and started ranting.
London, he explained, is an angry place. People there are ready to scream at you about almost anything, but you can meet their aggression with jazz ballet (he demonstrated).
The opening was pretty typical of the stunts pulled by this mild-mannered comic and there seemed to be no lengths to which he would not go to prove just how non-confrontational he could be... if somebody called him homophobic, he was practically ready to be gay and if challenged to all-out war he 'kept his dignity' by simply taking off his clothes.
You may also want to watch:
Apparently it's a Canadian thing: you'd think it would be too cold over there most of the time for streaking but apparently, precedent was set by one of their exiled communities who had arrived in Canada after trying to assert themselves in the face of Tsarist Russia by stripping off.
But how, by the end, Nichol managed to get us all peeling off layers in a bid for world peace, I will simply never know.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich