Phil Collins and ABBA tribute acts on Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
Music lovers will enjoy sequins and guitar hits which will both feature in two Cromer Pier concerts this weekend.
Tribute band And Finally...Phil Collins will be performing in The Best of Phil Collins show at the Pavilion Theatre for the first time tomorrow at 7.30pm.
The two-hour show includes the classic hits Another Day in Paradise, Can't Stop Loving You and Easy Lover. Tickets cost £17.50 or £16.50.
Celebrating the 40th anniversary of ABBA's Eurovision triumph, Thank You for the Music is coming to Cromer with sequins and disco favourites.
The cast will take music fans back to 1974, to the night when Bjorn, Benny, Agnetha and Frida arrived as pop music superstars by winning the Eurovision Song Contest with their self-composed song Waterloo.
That night catapulted ABBA to worldwide fame and the song was a number one hit in 10 countries and even a top 10 hit in America.
Waterloo was to be the first of nine number one hit singles, nine chart-topping albums and 19 top 20 singles for the supergroup in Britain.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
In addition to releasing singles and albums that chalked up worldwide sales totalling £370m, there followed a record-breaking movie and a smash-hit West End musical. The concert show revives all of ABBA's hits, including Dancing Queen, Super Trouper, Mamma Mia, Thank You for the Music, Take A Chance on Me, The Winner Takes It All, Chiquitita, I Have A Dream, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme and, of course, Waterloo.
Tickets cost £21.50 or £20 and to book for this show as well as The Best of Phil Collins visit www.cromer-pier-com or call 01263 512495.