Peter Pan on Ice - The Russian Ice Stars
ALISON CROOSE King's Lynn Corn Exchange
King's Lynn Corn Exchange
The Russian Ice Stars have returned with a spectacular which fizzes with excitement and outshines even last year's highly successful show.
J M Barrie's classic story - with all its colourful characters, including Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, pirates, Indians and the crocodile - has been beautifully adapted for ice dance and the result is splendid entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Such is the standard of the extrava-ganza, it is not surprising to learn that the choreographer, Cavaliere Guiseppe Arena, staged the opening ceremony of the 2006 Winter Olympics.
Huge athletic demands are put on more than two dozen of Russia's finest skaters who come through this severe test of their skills with flying colours, giving a display which is both balletic and acrobatic.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
Six rows of seats were removed to create an extended stage transformed into an ice rink on which the skaters fly at breakneck speed.
Their exhilarating, breathtaking dancing and aerial gymnastics, much-enhanced by beautiful costumes, is performed against an impressive backdrop as the pages of the book are turned for each scene.
The stage is alive with action throughout and it is impossible to take it all in - but don't miss the hula-hoops!