Peter Pan on Ice - The Russian Ice Stars
ALISON CROOSE King's Lynn Corn Exchange
King's Lynn Corn Exchange
The Russian Ice Stars have returned with a spectacular which fizzes with excitement and outshines even last year's highly successful show.
J M Barrie's classic story - with all its colourful characters, including Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, pirates, Indians and the crocodile - has been beautifully adapted for ice dance and the result is splendid entertainment.
Such is the standard of the extrava-ganza, it is not surprising to learn that the choreographer, Cavaliere Guiseppe Arena, staged the opening ceremony of the 2006 Winter Olympics.
Huge athletic demands are put on more than two dozen of Russia's finest skaters who come through this severe test of their skills with flying colours, giving a display which is both balletic and acrobatic.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 5 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
Six rows of seats were removed to create an extended stage transformed into an ice rink on which the skaters fly at breakneck speed.
Their exhilarating, breathtaking dancing and aerial gymnastics, much-enhanced by beautiful costumes, is performed against an impressive backdrop as the pages of the book are turned for each scene.
The stage is alive with action throughout and it is impossible to take it all in - but don't miss the hula-hoops!