Paul Weller to play Thetford Forest
The "Modfather" of rock is set to grace Thetford Forest this summer after the Forestry Commission announced the latest addition to its live concert line-up. Paul Weller will return to the venue on the Norfolk-Suffolk border on Friday June 5.
The "Modfather" of rock is set to grace Thetford Forest this summer after the Forestry Commission announced the latest addition to its live concert line-up.
Paul Weller, who played to a 6,000 capacity crowd at High Lodge five years ago, will return to the venue on the Norfolk-Suffolk border on Friday June 5.
The Forestry Commission announced today that the singer-songwriter will perform at six woodland sites in June, with the first taking place in Thetford Forest.
The "Modfather" and "Britpop's elder statesman" has a huge catalogue of hits spanning more than 30 years as frontman of The Jam and Style Council and as a hugely successful solo artist.
You may also want to watch:
Some of his most popular songs include Wild Wood, That's Entertainment, Broken Stones, You Do Something to Me, and Changing Man.
Last year saw the release of the critically acclaimed number one album 22 Dreams - his ninth solo album in a career spanning over three decades.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Paul Weller is the second act to be confirmed for the annual summer concerts at High Lodge. Jools Holland and this Rhythm and Blues Orchestra will be playing on Saturday June 6, six years after they last performed at the forest venue.
Profits from the forest tour are ploughed back into environmental and social projects within Thetford Forest Park.
Tickets for the Paul Weller gig will cost �33 (subject to booking fee) and are available from 9am this Friday, January 16, from the Forestry Commission box office number on 01842 814612 and online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.