Paul Draper to play Norwich gig after problems at Nottingham show
- Credit: Ben Meadows
Paul Draper will perform in Norwich tonight after issues at his Nottingham show which included him leaving the stage.
The front man is currently on tour across the country playing Mansun's debut album and is at The Waterfront in Norwich tonight (Tuesday).
But it comes after a gig in Nottingham on Monday which saw Draper leave the stage and end his set early to a chorus of boos, according to reports.
Following backlash from fans Draper issued an apology and said 'a personal issue raised its head just prior to the gig' which 'deeply upset' him.
'I lost my focus for the gig due to this and am now gutted because the tour has been phenomenal up to this point and last night should have been a highlight,' he said. 'I will make this up to the fans who attended last night in Nottingham.'
You may also want to watch:
'I've arrived in Norwich today to continue the tour so am looking forward to seeing the fans at the gig tonight where I will resume the tour as it was previously. I hope fans who have seen the other shows know how much the band and I care about making these shows great for you. We will resume that this evening in Norwich.
'I will make it up to you and additionally thank you for all the kindness that has been shown to me during the last 24hrs, it means a lot.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 5 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 6 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 9 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home
Doors for the Norwich show open at 7.30pm with music from 8.30pm. There are a limited amount of tickets available on the door.