Teddy bears to be thrown off village church tower
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Teddy bears will be descending through the air from a Norfolk village church this weekend.
Wickhampton church is staging its second teddy bear parachute leap and ploughman's lunch event on Sunday between 10.30am and 4pm.
People will be able to watch teddy bears descend 66ft from the top of the church at a cost of £1 a go.
Tea, coffee and cake will be served until 3pm and ploughman's lunches will be served from noon.
There will also be fun games, a tombola and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised from the day will going towards the upkeep of the church.
Peter Allies, from the church, said: 'I'll be there in person launching the teddies and other assorted furry creatures (no live ones!) from the tower.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
'There will be a 'first aid' tent for teddies, manned by children, as well as food and sideshows.'