Teddy bears to be thrown off village church tower
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Teddy bears will be descending through the air from a Norfolk village church this weekend.
Wickhampton church is staging its second teddy bear parachute leap and ploughman's lunch event on Sunday between 10.30am and 4pm.
People will be able to watch teddy bears descend 66ft from the top of the church at a cost of £1 a go.
Tea, coffee and cake will be served until 3pm and ploughman's lunches will be served from noon.
There will also be fun games, a tombola and raffle.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised from the day will going towards the upkeep of the church.
Peter Allies, from the church, said: 'I'll be there in person launching the teddies and other assorted furry creatures (no live ones!) from the tower.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
'There will be a 'first aid' tent for teddies, manned by children, as well as food and sideshows.'