Paint Out People’s Choice winner strikes again
- Credit: Archant
The official awards may have already been handed out, but now the 'People's Choice' award for the recent Paint Out Norwich contest has been named.
Liam Wales, 44, from North London, won the £100 prize money for the second year running after getting double the amount of votes that the runner up received.
Art lovers of all ages visited the exhibition at Maddermarket Gallery and voted for their favourite.
The artist and illustrator took the award for the seven drawings he produced during the Nocturne Event - a part of the competition which captured the city at night time between - as well as the day sessions at Mousehold Heath.
Mr Wales battled to capture the market in the rain and enjoyed sketching some of the unusual Norwich sites. He said: 'Last year we were constricted with historic monuments but it was nice to go round other parts of Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
He did not make the top three in the 'official' awards, which was won by Richard Bond, who was awarded £1,500 for Winged Victory; Mo Teeuw won the second prize of £1,000 for View from Mousehold Heath, while Eloise O'Hare was awarded the third prize of £500 for Chocolate Arcade which featured the chocolate shop in the Royal Arcade.
The painting competition saw budding artists from across the globe come to the city in October.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
You can still see Mr Wales' art work at The Maddermarket Gallery until Saturday, November 28.
- If you have story about someone winning a local competition, email firstname.lastname@example.org