Paint Out People’s Choice winner strikes again
- Credit: Archant
The official awards may have already been handed out, but now the 'People's Choice' award for the recent Paint Out Norwich contest has been named.
Liam Wales, 44, from North London, won the £100 prize money for the second year running after getting double the amount of votes that the runner up received.
Art lovers of all ages visited the exhibition at Maddermarket Gallery and voted for their favourite.
The artist and illustrator took the award for the seven drawings he produced during the Nocturne Event - a part of the competition which captured the city at night time between - as well as the day sessions at Mousehold Heath.
Mr Wales battled to capture the market in the rain and enjoyed sketching some of the unusual Norwich sites. He said: 'Last year we were constricted with historic monuments but it was nice to go round other parts of Norwich.'
He did not make the top three in the 'official' awards, which was won by Richard Bond, who was awarded £1,500 for Winged Victory; Mo Teeuw won the second prize of £1,000 for View from Mousehold Heath, while Eloise O'Hare was awarded the third prize of £500 for Chocolate Arcade which featured the chocolate shop in the Royal Arcade.
The painting competition saw budding artists from across the globe come to the city in October.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights
You can still see Mr Wales' art work at The Maddermarket Gallery until Saturday, November 28.
- If you have story about someone winning a local competition, email email@example.com