Mad Dogs and Englishmen at the Seagull Theatre, Lowestoft
In an often surreal evening, the company strolled their national tour aptly titled Outrageous Nonsense to north Suffolk.
The link was the tale of a nose accidentally removed by a careless barber, which had to be disposed of, and its consequential absence dealt with by its hapless owner.
Between and around that, two cracking if wordy yarns from Russian masters of story- telling literature were brought to life with high-order physical theatre, amusing accents and character-driven comedy.
In Chekhov's The Proposal, plans for marriage quickly turn not just sour, but into a major argument between neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The Overcoat by Nikolai Gogol is the saga of a copy clerk whose new coat is stolen – which triggers his death and translation into a ghost.
Nick Murray Brown, Andy Wisher, Stephan Drury and Sara-Jane Derrick are a talented cast with a sharp comic timing.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea