Opera star Katherine Jenkins to serenade Sandringham Estate
Annabelle DicksonSweet-voiced opera star Katherine Jenkins is to serenade concert-goers at the Sandringham Estate this summer.The Welsh beauty will be performing a Last Night of the Proms style open air concert at the Queen's Norfolk Estate in August.Annabelle Dickson
Sweet-voiced opera star Katherine Jenkins is to serenade concert-goers at the Sandringham Estate this summer.
The Welsh beauty will be performing a Last Night of the Proms style open air concert at the Queen's Norfolk Estate in August.
Dubbed 'the new forces sweetheart' after entertaining troops in Basra and performing at VE Day celebrations in Trafalgar Square she has sold more than three million records worldwide.
She will be adding the Sandringham Estate to a prestigious line-up of venues including the Sydney Opera House, the Albert Hall and the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff where she has sung her national anthem before sports matches on a number of occasions.
You may also want to watch:
She is the only singer in musical history to simultaneously hold the number one, two, three and four position in the classical album charts, which she achieved in 2007 with Premiere, Second Nature, Living the Dream and Serenade.
Serenade also went to number five in the pop charts and has sold over a half a million copies to date.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
Jason Law, West Norfolk councillor for tourism, said: 'It's a good name to get in West Norfolk. It will be good to attract people here. People coming up to see her will have to use guest houses which will be good.'
It is not Miss Jenkins' first trip to the region.
She sung at the Norwich Theatre Royal in 2006 and at Thetford Forest open air concert last summer .
Miss Jenkins' performance will be supported by the National Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Anthony Inglis, with a support act set to be announced.
She will also be performing a Last Night of the Proms at Princess Anne's Gatcombe Park estate in Gloucestershire in June.
The concert will take place at Sandringham Estate on Saturday, 8 August.
For more information or to book tickets for this open-air event, visit www.ticketeast.co.uk, or call 0871 224 1113.