Opera is on the timetable for Norwich pupils
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Opera has been on the timetable for pupils at three Norwich schools who are preparing to take to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage this weekend.
Inspired by Rossini's The Barber of Seville, pupils from Mile Cross Primary School, St Augustine's Primary School and Valley Primary Academy have all been busy creating their own operas which they will present this Sunday.
And yesterday pupils from Valley Primary Academy gave us a sneak preview of their show.
The three schools are the latest to benefit from the Theatre Royal's Norfolk Schools Project which has been running for more than 20 years and aims to inspire more young people to enjoy opera and dance.
Norfolk Schools Project - The Barber of Seville is at Norwich Theatre Royal on Sunday at 2.30pm. Tickets are free but must be booked in advance from the box office on 01603 630000.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen