Open air Shakespeare comedy on Overstrand green
- Credit: Archant
A open air adaptation of a William Shakespeare classic is being performed in a seaside village green area.
Norfolk-based professional theatre company Strange Fascination is putting on A Midsummer Night's in front of Overstrand Sports Pavilion, off the High Street (NR27 0AB).
It runs from Tuesday August 25 until Saturday August 29 at 7.30pm. A 2.30pm matinee performance is happening on August 29.
Strange Fascination was set up in April last year by actor Paul Goldsmith, as well as Badersfield theatre couple Daisy Plackett and Simon Morgan.
It was established to bring professional theatre by Norfolk actors to the area.
Mr Goldsmith, 37, from Wymondham, said: 'Overstrand is a lovely little village but it sometimes gets lost to places such as Cromer. The play is an opportunity for more tourists to visit Overstrand.'
The play is set in 1920s Athens and uses language from the original Shakespeare play but will include improvisation and quick character changes.
- 1 First look inside north Norfolk's new £12.7m leisure centre
- 2 Controversial new speed camera to be reinstalled despite objections
- 3 Woman found dead at home described as 'calm' and friendly
- 4 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 5 A47 closed near Necton after several crashes
- 6 Weather warning as strong winds set to hit Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Pud the rescue dog returns home after two-day adventure around Norwich
- 8 Lorry driver fined after concrete blocks fell on £50,000 Tesla car
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in King's Lynn
- 10 Fear of GP exodus as surgeries face 'insurmountable' pressure and abuse
Tickets cost £8 for under 16s and £12 for adults and need to be bought in advance.
Audience members can bring their own chairs and picnics.
Visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/a-midsummer-nights-dream-an-open-air-production-tickets-17624066056 or call Mr Goldsmith on 07900 671144 to book.