Check out the photograph from Olivia Colman’s family album which appears on her episode of Who Do You Think You Are?
- Credit: BBC
How ridiculously cute was Olivia Colman as a child? New family photographs of the Norfolk-born actress are revealed along with images of her ancestors ahead of her appearance on the BBC's Who Do You Think You Are?
Meet Norfolk-born actress Olivia Colman's ancestors – who she meets in a forthcoming emotional episode of Who Do You Think You Are.
Here is a sneak peek into the family which Colman discovers when she travels back in time to uncover a surprising divorce scandal, courtesy of her four-times great-grandfather and pays her first-ever visit to India, where she is both stunned and profoundly moved to learn that her three-times great-grandmother, Harriot Slessor, was half-Indian and had a deeply tragic start to life.
Back in the UK, Olivia is thrilled to be able to solve a mystery involving a rumour that she had a French ancestor!
'I grew up in Norfolk and knew the Colmans were always there forever so I feel like that is my place, it's in my bones and blood', explains Olivia, 'but I didn't really know where my mum's family came from so there were lots of questions.'
'I'm interested in the people that have gone before because there's fragility to life. When you go, will you be forgotten? I didn't know what happened in my family, but I wanted to remember their loves and losses.'
* Olivia Colman's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? will air on BBC1 on Monday July 9 at 9pm.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge