Check out the photograph from Olivia Colman’s family album which appears on her episode of Who Do You Think You Are?
- Credit: BBC
How ridiculously cute was Olivia Colman as a child? New family photographs of the Norfolk-born actress are revealed along with images of her ancestors ahead of her appearance on the BBC's Who Do You Think You Are?
Meet Norfolk-born actress Olivia Colman's ancestors – who she meets in a forthcoming emotional episode of Who Do You Think You Are.
Here is a sneak peek into the family which Colman discovers when she travels back in time to uncover a surprising divorce scandal, courtesy of her four-times great-grandfather and pays her first-ever visit to India, where she is both stunned and profoundly moved to learn that her three-times great-grandmother, Harriot Slessor, was half-Indian and had a deeply tragic start to life.
Back in the UK, Olivia is thrilled to be able to solve a mystery involving a rumour that she had a French ancestor!
'I grew up in Norfolk and knew the Colmans were always there forever so I feel like that is my place, it's in my bones and blood', explains Olivia, 'but I didn't really know where my mum's family came from so there were lots of questions.'
'I'm interested in the people that have gone before because there's fragility to life. When you go, will you be forgotten? I didn't know what happened in my family, but I wanted to remember their loves and losses.'
You may also want to watch:
* Olivia Colman's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? will air on BBC1 on Monday July 9 at 9pm.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region