Oktoberfest to come to Norwich in 2017
- Credit: Rob Andrews
OPEN will host an Oktoberfest celebration next year.
What does beer, bratwurst, and a Norwich city centre venue have in common?
The answer: Oktoberfest Norwich.
OPEN Norwich, home of the OPEN Youth Trust, will be bringing the German beer festival to East Anglia in 2017, complete with European entertainment and continental food.
The venue at Bank Plain will be transformed into a traditional Bierkeller, opening for the festival on Friday, October 6, and Saturday, October 7, 2017.
Three sessions will take place over the two days, one on Friday evening, and two on Saturday afternoon and evening.
Tickets are currently on sale, with an early bird price of £10 including a specially branded limited edition Oktoberfest Norwich Bavarian beer glass.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
John Gordon-Saker, chief executive for OPEN said: 'Oktoberfest Norwich is one of a number of different style of events that we are lining up for 2017 to complement our eclectic programme of live music, awards ceremonies, banquets, conferences and other events. It's a first for the City and we are delighted to be working in partnership with Radius Marketing, fellow finalists in this year's EDP Business Awards.'
For those who aren't a fan of Bavarian beers, a Prosecco Lounge will be available for a glass of fizz.
All money raised at the event will be donated to the Open Youth Trust charity, which finances the range of largely free activities OPEN offers to young people aged between seven and 25.
VIP tickets are also available, with reserved stage side seating, complimentary food and drink, waitress table service and special Oktoberfest Norwich Stein are also available by contacting OPEN on 01603 763111.
To book tickets, visit www.opennorwich.org.uk/gigs-and-events/oktoberfest2017.aspx