Oktoberfest to come to Norwich in 2017
- Credit: Rob Andrews
OPEN will host an Oktoberfest celebration next year.
What does beer, bratwurst, and a Norwich city centre venue have in common?
The answer: Oktoberfest Norwich.
OPEN Norwich, home of the OPEN Youth Trust, will be bringing the German beer festival to East Anglia in 2017, complete with European entertainment and continental food.
The venue at Bank Plain will be transformed into a traditional Bierkeller, opening for the festival on Friday, October 6, and Saturday, October 7, 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Three sessions will take place over the two days, one on Friday evening, and two on Saturday afternoon and evening.
Tickets are currently on sale, with an early bird price of £10 including a specially branded limited edition Oktoberfest Norwich Bavarian beer glass.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
John Gordon-Saker, chief executive for OPEN said: 'Oktoberfest Norwich is one of a number of different style of events that we are lining up for 2017 to complement our eclectic programme of live music, awards ceremonies, banquets, conferences and other events. It's a first for the City and we are delighted to be working in partnership with Radius Marketing, fellow finalists in this year's EDP Business Awards.'
For those who aren't a fan of Bavarian beers, a Prosecco Lounge will be available for a glass of fizz.
All money raised at the event will be donated to the Open Youth Trust charity, which finances the range of largely free activities OPEN offers to young people aged between seven and 25.
VIP tickets are also available, with reserved stage side seating, complimentary food and drink, waitress table service and special Oktoberfest Norwich Stein are also available by contacting OPEN on 01603 763111.
To book tickets, visit www.opennorwich.org.uk/gigs-and-events/oktoberfest2017.aspx