Company looks to hold Oktoberfest event at Norwich park
- Credit: AP
An Oktoberfest event is set to return to Norwich this autumn but at a different venue.
Oktoberfest Norwich was one of two Volksfest inspired events in the city last year and was held at Carrow Road.
But organisers of the event have now put in a licensing application to hold the 2018 event at Eaton Park.
Mutiny in the Park Limited is seeking permission to hold the festival on Friday October 5 and Saturday October 6.
The application states: 'In agreement with Norwich City Council, the event organisers would like to stage Oktoberfest Norwich in a circus type Big Top with bar, stage, food, toilets, etc. within and outside.
You may also want to watch:
'The footprint of the event will have secure fencing around and good levels of lighting and security.'
The application also states the intention for a German Oompah band and support acts of similar genres.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
'There will be background music when members of the public arrive and in between live music performances as well as a DJ for one hour (approximately) at the end of each Oktoberfest session.'
Although the city council has not yet approved the licence the company's website is encouraging people to sign up for pre-sale tickets and VIP tables.
A description of the event on the website states: 'After an amazing first year in Norwich, Oktoberfest returns for 2018 at our new home of Eaton Park, Norwich!
'Join us again this October as we transform Eaton Park for a traditional Oktoberfest experience for one weekend of traditional Bavarian bash! Bring on the bier over - 30,000 litres to be precise!'
Members of the public have until March 3 to comment on the licensing application.
Oktoberfest Norwich 2017 was held in a giant blue tent in the carpark behind Carrow Road.
It was on the same weekend as Oktoberfest at OPEN on Bank Plain. This event is also returning this year from Thursday October 11 to Saturday October 13.
There will be four session over the three days and tickets are on sale now.
Last month OPEN cancelled a spring version of Okotberfest due to a lack of ticket sales.
All those who booked tickets were offered the chance to exchange their tickets for OPEN's Oktoberfest event.