Norwich Theatre Royal’s pantomime villains are revealed
They are the characters we all love to hate – oh yes we do! – and today the actors playing the villains in this year's Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime were revealed.
Bad Girls actor Helen Fraser, best known as the miserable prison warden Body Bag in the ITV show, will take on the role of the Evil Queen in Sleeping Beauty, while actor and comedian Tom Beard will play the queen's henchman.
Helen, who lives in Eye and is currently touring in the show Calendar Girls, said she was looking forward to taking on the role of the pantomime villain and performing close to her home.
'I love pantomime and the evil characters are so much fun – you get a great rapport with the children watching because they answer you back and shout at you!' she said.
'This will be my first pantomime at the Theatre Royal and I am really looking forward to it.'
You may also want to watch:
Tom, who previously played Muddles the lovable idiot in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Theatre Royal three years ago, said he could not wait to appear in the show.
'I played a baddie last year for the first time and I really loved it so I want to stay bad forever now!' he said.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
'I'm really looking forward to the show. The last time I was at the Theatre Royal was fantastic.'
Sleeping Beauty is at Norwich Theatre Royal from December 14 until January 15, 2012. Tickets cost from �5 to �19.
To book call 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk