Open day offers the chance to go behind the scenes at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: Archant
Theatre fans can enjoy a look behind the scenes at one of Norwich's key arts venues next month.
Norwich Theatre Royal is holding his annual open day on Saturday, August 11 and giving people the chance to find out more about what it takes to create theatrical magic on stage.
There will be guided tours backstage and the chance to find out about lights, sound effects, costumes and more, as well as a costume sale where people will be able to snap up outfits from past pantomimes and other shows.
There will also be interactive activities including a dressing up area for children and adults, and younger visitors can enjoy activities ranging from activity trails to face-painting and competitions.
As well as the main Theatre Royal building being open for the day, visitors will also be able to look around Stage Two.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Foster, from Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'Our annual Open Day always proves very popular with those looking for fun holiday activities for all the family, as well as with avid theatregoers interested to see what goes on behind the scenes in a busy theatre.
'They can also discover some of the other things that go on here, such as our work in offering our local community and schools the chance to experience and participate in creative activities for families, children, young people and adults.'
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
The Norwich Theatre Royal open day is on Saturday, August 11, from 10am to 4pm. Entry is free.