The show is on... oh yes it is! Rehearsals for Aladdin ramping up
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The countdown to this year's Norwich pantomime is on as its cast take their first steps on the boards.
Rehearsals are in full swing for the production of Aladdin, which will open at the Theatre Royal on Wednesday, December 12.
Among the cast are former Emmerdale and Casualty star Rik Makarem, who plays bad guy Abanazar. He said: 'There is a lot of colour in the script and the performance. We are just so excited and we want to start performing it on stage already.'
He stars opposite former Hollyoaks actor Steven Roberts, who visited the Theatre Royal frequently as a child and has family links to East Anglia.
He said: 'Aladdin is not the typical strapping hunk. He is not very cool and a bit of an underdog which puts a different spin on it.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Roberts was also full of praise for the panto babes, who are all drawn from the Norwich-based Central School of Dancing and Performing Arts.
Aladdin runs at the Theatre Royal from December 12 until January 13. To book, go to www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets