Norwich students to turn childhood dream into reality with launch of pop-up tea room
- Credit: naomi cowen
NUA Textile Design student Jessica Gower and UEA Business student Natalie Hicks have dreamed of running their own tea room since they were 11 years old.
Now, 10 years on the pair are about to launch their own pop-up afternoon tea service in Norwich.
Taking place at Studio 20 on Wensum Street over March 24-25, Maples Tea Room will offer customers freshly baked scones, a selection of savouries as well as a range of cakes and other baked goods.
The duo said: 'We are very excited to host this event after years of travelling up and down the country sampling every afternoon tea we could find and spending many a weekend baking and experimenting with flavours!
'Jessica Mae Studio will also be displaying her colourful, recycled artwork at the pop-up and all items can be purchased on the day.'
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'We hope to see you all there!'
Maples afternoon tea is £12 per person and can be prebooked online via facebook.com/maplestearoom
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck