Norwich streets to be invaded by mythical beasts for the start of Norfolk and Norwich Festival
Huge mythical beasts are to invade the city's streets to kick off the Norfolk and Norwich festival in May.
Invasion, a UK premiere by Close Act, will open the festival on Friday, May 11 at 9.30pm.
It is described as a highly-exciting street spectacle in which a mythical world comes alive.
Prehistoric animals move through the audience, large birds fly overhead, and animal voices sound from every direction.
Chaos could ensue but for the power of a magical song...
This free and unticketed event will start at Gentleman's Walk in Norwich and the performance will last until about 10.15pm.
Invasion is part of the MG FREE part of the festival which is supported by May Gurney.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
All MG FREE performances are free and programmed for audiences of all ages to enjoy.