Norwich singer to battle it out on The Voice
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich singer who performed a Disney song for his blind audition is set to battle it out in the next round of The Voice.
Christopher Preece, aka Chris James, was picked by X Factor singer Olly Murs to join his team after his rendition of Prince Ali from Aladdin.
Now the 28-year-old is to perform for the judges once again in the battle rounds which air on Saturday night.
In a preview clip for the episode he can be seen competing with Holly Ellison, 24, to keep his place on Team Olly.
The pair tackle the Meat Loaf classic 'I'd Do Anything For Love' and Olly and fellow judge Jennifer Hudson can be seen getting out their red chairs and singing along.
Will.I.Am is also out of his seat by Sir Tom Jones stays down.
You may also want to watch:
Chris applied for The Voice 'as a joke' when auditions came to Mr Postle's Apothecary in Norwich last year, and was soon invited to London.
As a solo act he performs the Norwich circuit at venues including Frank's, Platform 12, the Walnut Tree Shades and The Brickmakers. For the last three years he has also been performing with his band - Powerhouse.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
• The Voice UK airs on ITV, Saturday, 8.30pm.