Norwich singer misses out on next round of The Voice
- Credit: ITV
A singer from Norwich has failed to make it through to the next round of The Voice after rocking out to a Meat Loaf classic.
Christopher Preece, aka Chris James, made it onto Team Olly after his rendition of Prince Ali from Aladdin.
In the battle round of the ITV competition, aired on Saturday, the 28-year-old was pitted against Holly Ellison, 24, and the pair sang 'I'd Do Anything For Love'.
After the performance Will.i.am said: 'I want to go to a baseball, football, any type of game with Chris. He just seems like he is going to make the whole room, no matter what, turn electric.'
Olly described it as 'an amazing battle' and said 'Chris I love you to bits' but he decided to send Holly through to the next round.
You may also want to watch:
This meant Chris was available for 'a steal' from the other judges but no one pressed their button for him.
Chris applied for The Voice when auditions came to Mr Postle's Apothecary in Norwich last year.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Part of A47 closed due to crash