Norwich restaurant named one of top places for vegetarians in country
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A restaurant in Norwich has been named as one of the best places for vegetarians to eat in the UK.
Woolf & Social, on Nelson Street, was named in The Sunday Telegraph's list of 'Britain's top 30 restaurants for vegetarians' and was the only restaurant in Norfolk and Suffolk to make the list.
The list, compiled by Alice Hart, said of the Norwich eatery: 'Though not a vegetarian restaurant, Woolf and Social's pleasingly short menu of small plates is heavily skewed towards vegetables, making it easy to skip over the meat and fish options. Ideal for a mixed crowd (carnivores and herbivores) looking for a stylish vibe and simple, elegant cooking and open for brunch, too.'
Vegetarian options on the menu include mushroom ragout with polenta and parsley and beetroot and celeriac remoulade.
Woolf & Social was opened by Francis Woolf and his business partner Felix Rehberg in 2015. The restaurant prides itself on doing things a little differently, from its laid back social dining style with small sharing plates, to its progressive cookery, which has seen flying termites and black ants added to the menu.
You may also want to watch:
Its sister restaurant Woolf & Bird, on Exchange Street, closed earlier this year
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall