Norwich restaurant named one of top places for vegetarians in country
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A restaurant in Norwich has been named as one of the best places for vegetarians to eat in the UK.
Woolf & Social, on Nelson Street, was named in The Sunday Telegraph's list of 'Britain's top 30 restaurants for vegetarians' and was the only restaurant in Norfolk and Suffolk to make the list.
The list, compiled by Alice Hart, said of the Norwich eatery: 'Though not a vegetarian restaurant, Woolf and Social's pleasingly short menu of small plates is heavily skewed towards vegetables, making it easy to skip over the meat and fish options. Ideal for a mixed crowd (carnivores and herbivores) looking for a stylish vibe and simple, elegant cooking and open for brunch, too.'
Vegetarian options on the menu include mushroom ragout with polenta and parsley and beetroot and celeriac remoulade.
Woolf & Social was opened by Francis Woolf and his business partner Felix Rehberg in 2015. The restaurant prides itself on doing things a little differently, from its laid back social dining style with small sharing plates, to its progressive cookery, which has seen flying termites and black ants added to the menu.
You may also want to watch:
Its sister restaurant Woolf & Bird, on Exchange Street, closed earlier this year
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital