Norwich pub to hold Take That party ahead of Carrow Road show
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich pub will be getting into the Take That spirit with a pre-show party.
The Rose Inn, on Queens Road, will hold the event on Thursday, offering 10pc off drinks for ticket-holders.
Landlady Dawn Hopkins said: "We had a 'before' party last time Take That played at Carrow Road, and it was great fun.
"The atmosphere was brilliant, so we are really happy to be hosting it again."
The pub will be playing Take That hits during the day, and offering food before the show.
And fans heading for Carrow Road have been urged to arrive as early to avoid delays.
With 28,000 people expected to pack into the stadium, Norwich City's chief operating officer Ben Kensell has encouraged people to arrive as early as possible.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 7 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 8 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 9 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
"We have got heightened security measures in place, as well as searches for everyone's health and safety," he said.
"We encourage people to turn up as early as they can to stop a bottleneck on the gate, but we do appreciate people have commitments such as work they have to take into account."
The village, in front of the south stand, will be open throughout the afternoon, with the stadium opening from 5pm.
Support act Rick Astley is due to come on stage at 7.30pm.