Norwich pub into national final as East Anglia’s best live music venue
A Norwich pub has achieved a double success in this year's Great British Pub Awards, retaining its crown in both categories.
The Brickmakers, on Sprowston Road, has retained the East Anglian titles for Best Live Music Pub and Best Entertainment Pub.
The awards are organised by pub industry magazine, the Publican's Morning Advertiser, with independent judges visiting all the competing pubs to assess them.
With the pub's sister venue, B2, the pub offers a busy line-up of music for local bands and it appears this has allowed The Brickmakers to continue its success.
The Publican's Morning Advertiser editor Paul Charity said: 'The award recognises the pub that has used a varied range of live music as the core of its business success and development.
You may also want to watch:
'The Brickmakers has a fantastic offer for its customers and is a worthy winner.'
The pub is run by licensees Pam South and her daughter Charley, who have been in charge for the last eight years.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
Pam said of the success: 'We're thrilled, it's wonderful news and makes all the hard work worth it. We were hopeful we would win again but there are lots of places doing music around the city now, we were probably up against more than what we were before.
'Unfortunately we didn't win the national award last year, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can this time.'
The Brickmakers will now go forward to the Great British Pub Awards final at London's Hilton Hotel on Park Lane next month, hosted by comedian Rory Bremner.
It will go up against five other regional winners for the UK title of Best Live Music Pub 2011 and four other regional winners for the UK title of Best Entertainment Pub 2011, as well as having the opportunity to compete for the overall title of Great British Pub of the Year.
Would you like to nominate your local for our weekly Pub of the Week feature? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772429 or email@example.com