Norwich Playhouse announces new season of shows
- Credit: Graeme Braidwood
From award-winning comedy to children's shows to West End stars, there is lots for audiences to look forward to in Norwich Playhouse's new season.
Norwich Playhouse director Caroline Richardson said the January to May 2018 line-up featured a mix of 'exciting, quirky, rave-review shows.'
'Once again, we've outdone ourselves with our biggest spring season yet, and we can't wait for our audience to enjoy the brilliant performances,' she said.
Shows by comedians Joe Lycett and Michael McIntyre are already sold out, and other comedy highlights include The Horne Section (March 10), Simon Evans (March 17), John Robins (April 3) and Iain Stirling (April 4).
The new year also brings lots of drama, starting with John Godber's high school comedy Teechers on February 6 and 7. There will also be a preview of Mark Thomas' Showtime from the Frontline - the story of Mark's attempt to set up a comedy club in a refugee camp in Palestine - on February 8, and the frank and funny show Manwatching is coming to Norwich on February 21. Fresh from Edinburgh Festival Fringe is Education, Education, Education, a show capturing the spirit of 1997, on March 24, and Border Tales, a show combining dance, music and dialogue to explore multicultural Britain, on May 5.
You may also want to watch:
Music includes The Pasadena Roof Orchestra performing the sounds of the 1920s and 1930s on January 5 and February 2. The Big Chris Barber Band will be bringing the sounds of New Orleans to Norwich on St Valentine's Day, meanwhile West End star Kerry Ellis will be performing songs from hit musicals on March 3. Former members of The Kinks join together for The Kast Off Kinks on March 15 and The Bob Dylan Story will pay tribute to the master musician on March 23.
Family shows include Rod Campbell's Dear Zoo from February 10 to 12, The Boy Who Climbed Into The Moon from March 16 to 18 Mar, The War of the Worlds on March 30, and Sarah and Duck's Big Top Birthday from April 21 to 22.
For more details, visit www.norwichplayhouse.co.uk
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns