Norwich man’s autographs sold
Autographs snapped up at sale
An avid autograph hunter saw a third of his collection head to new homes as it went under the hammer yesterday.
But owner Martin Ballantyne, who has now switched to being an actor, is now concentrating on his next project of making a television comedy drama which he has written and stars him in the leading role.
The 38-year-old from Dussindale in Norwich is gearing up to film a pilot episode of Logg Time, which focuses on office worker John Logg and his love for the cleaner.
'I wrote it four years ago, have got a cast together and it will be filmed at various locations including an office in Norwich, pub in Great Yarmouth and county hall car park,' he explained.
You may also want to watch:
In meantime he was pleased with the outcome of his auction which saw 71 of his 223 items signed by mainly showbusiness celebrities, sold. They were topped by �190 for an Avengers collection of signed photographs of the television action series including a rare 1961 one of autograph-shy Diana Rigg as Emma Peel.
Other lots included a Lord of the Rings picture which went for �75, film star Jack Lemmon for �36 and Ted Briggs, the last survivor of the sinking of HMS Hood which went for �40.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
Mr Ballantyne, who has gone from tracking down movie stars to being an extra himself in films including Harry Potter and Batman, is selling his collection so other people can enjoy the items. He said he would be looking to sell the rest at other auctions next year.