Norwich gigs by Everything Everything and The Overtones off due to weather
- Credit: Archant
The Beast from the East has forced the cancellation of tonight's Everything Everything gig at the UEA LCR and tomorrow's concert by The Overtones as well as Britpop Reboot and Mist at the Waterfront.
Everything Everything have announced they have been forced to cancel tonight's scheduled gig at the UEA LCR in Norwich.
The Manchester-based indie-rock four-piece had been due to appear as part of a tour in support of their latest album, A Fever Dream, which became the band's third consecutive Top 10 album after Arc and Get to Heaven and Mercury Award nominated debut Man Alive.
In a statement the band said: 'Norwich sadly we've been told by UEA that tonight's show must be postponed due to the weather and health and safety concerns. Police have advised that fans would be at risk so we cannot continue. We have rescheduled to Friday 13 April. All tickets valid.'
A UEA statement added: 'Given the current conditions and some people not being able to travel safely combined with the impending further snow this evening, as per the Met Office and BBC weather, the decision has been made to cancel tonight's show and reschedule for another date.'
You may also want to watch:
Five-piece vocal harmony group The Overtones had been scheduled to perform on Saturday but this has been postponed, the new date is June 9.
Meanwhile The Britpop Reboot at the Waterfront tonight and a gig by rapper MIST at the Waterfront on Sunday have also been postponed.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named