Norwich gallery and art studios seeks new home
- Credit: supplied
It has provided a base for artists to develop their work and been a hub for an array of exhibitions and events over seven years, but now Stew Gallery and Artist Studios is looking for a new Norwich home.
The arts venture first opened its doors at a former factory building in Fishergate in September 2008, but moved out at the end of last year as the building was due to be redeveloped. Now Norfolk Co-operative Arts, the board which oversees Stew Gallery and Artist Studios, hopes to find new premises so it can carry on offering opportunities for artists.
In its seven years at Fishergate it hosted more than 300 exhibitions and it also provided affordable studios for more than 35 artists and creative practitioners at any one time, often giving postgraduates a boost at the start of their careers.
Marcus Williams, chairman of Norfolk Co-operative Arts, said: 'The last seven years have been a great journey of discovery and I believe that we created something that has become highly valued and respected throughout the local creative community. It would be such a shame if we could not continue in providing and supporting access to the arts through our ethos of accessible studios, gallery and by encouraging collaboration between artists.'
Kevin Parker, one of the founding members of Norfolk Co-operative Arts, said: 'We are keen to work with an altruistic landlord or agent to continue our existing model of operation which we believe is unique and invaluable in the region.'
You may also want to watch:
He said ideally they would like to find a building of about 9,000 square feet or more which they could use for at least two to three years.
Anybody who may be able to help, should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com