Norwich Fashion Week set to return with a new look in 2018
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Norwich Fashion Week is set to return in 2018, with a new look which aims to give more people the chance to get involved in the annual showcase of style.
The fashion extravaganza is heading into its eighth year and will next year run from March 9 to 17.
It has a new format for 2018 which will see it host four days of catwalk shows, industry talks, workshops and seminars at OPEN in Norwich from March 9 to 12.
It will then launch a new NFW Fashion Fringe which will run from March 13 to 17 and give shops and businesses across the city the chance to hold their own NFW-associated events.
Norwich Fashion Week directors Alex Hill, Emma Harrowing and Kerry Curl said they hoped the new-look event would provide more opportunities for people to take part in NFW.
You may also want to watch:
They said: 'Norwich Fashion Week is now in its eighth year and since it has become a Community Interest Company, we have been looking for ways to strengthen the platform it provides local retailers, business and fashion talent in Norwich and Norfolk.
'By condensing the main catwalk shows into four days at OPEN, we hope to highlight the unique diversity of fashion and style we have here in Norfolk, with three main catwalk shows that offer different styles and opportunities to those working or wanting to work in the fashion and style industry, and a day of talks, seminars and workshops from some of the best local and national fashion industry players.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
'The addition of the NFW Fashion Fringe gives retailers and businesses the opportunity to organise their own instore fashion and style events. The aim is to generate a real fashion buzz across the city.'
The NFW 2018 catwalk shows at OPEN will feature vintage, streetwear, collections from independent boutiques and high street brands, along with creations from local up and coming designers and makers and established local fashion designers.
There are also opportunities for businesses to sponsor Norwich Fashion Week shows and events.
Businesses and individuals interested in sponsoring or taking part in Norwich Fashion Week 2018 should email Emma Harrowing at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Norwich Fashion Week, visit www.norwichfashion.co.uk