Pixiwoo’s Sam and the Scummy Mummies coming to Norwich
- Credit: Emily Gray Photography
From scummy mummies to beauty bloggers – it's me-time for mums in Norfolk and Suffolk
The Scummy Mummies, Pixiwoo beauty blogger Sam Chapman, and a chance to reboot your wardrobe are all part of an autumn line-up of events aimed at East Anglian parents.
A year ago Norwich mum and businesswoman Emma Victor-Smith launched We Got This (Sometimes!) Frustrated that she couldn't get to fun events happening in London, she decided to bring them to Norfolk.
Since then social media parenting superstars including Mother Pukka, Father of Daughters, and The Unmumsy Mum and Man vs Baby have entertained audiences.
Emma, whose daughter has just started school, said: 'Becoming a parent has forced me to evaluate what I want from my working life, and I'm not alone in that. I don't think there is enough honesty about how difficult it can be as a working parent, so these events reassure people.
You may also want to watch:
'I can't quite believe Sali Hughes and Pixiwoo Sam are coming myself, and have started to investigate beauty a bit more as some me-time, having been run ragged all summer.'
The autumn line-up is:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
Fashion Re:Boot on Friday, September 28 at the Narthex, Norwich Roman Catholic Cathedral,.
This was a hugely popular event last year for people who love fashion, style and buying pre-loved items. It's a chance for a clear-out and a bargain-hunt with stalls full of vintage, high street and designer clothes, 'Founders Ciara Elliott and Erica Davies (stylists, editors, bloggers) mean the quality of items for sale will be incredible – not your normal car boot!' said Emma.
Beauty writer Sali Hughes will be in conversation with Sam Chapman, make-up artist and one half of bloggers Pixiwoo on Tuesday October 23 at Jarrold, Norwich.
The Christmas Scummy Mummies Show on Thursday, November 29 at The Norwich Playhouse. Scummy Mummies Helen and Ellie return to Norwich with some Christmas themed comedy including sketches, stand-up and some scummy Santa stories.
And in Suffolk, mum of two Melanie Duffield has set up Mums Like Me. Her next event is an evening with a facial, fizz and canapés at the Heritage Beauty and Wellbeing Spa at Nowton, Bury St Edmunds, on Thursday, November 8. Melanie, of Red Lodge, said she wanted to create events for mums to make lasting friendships.
For full details visit www.wegotthis.com or facebook.com/mumslikemeevents