Pop-up exhibition will celebrate the centenary of voting rights for women
- Credit: supplied by Norwich Dandies
A pop-up exhibition and art workshop celebrating the centenary of voting rights for women is taking place at the Castle Mall in Norwich.
Dress, Paint, Pose like a Suffragist is being presented by the Norwich Dandies in the Kastle Kids unit at the Norwich shopping centre on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.
The exhibition features work from local, national and international artists, and throughout the event there will also be a drop-in creative arts workshop.
People can dress up as a Suffragist (or Dandy), pose as models for others to paint, or pick up a paintbrush and have a go at painting a picture themselves.
People of all ages and of all artistic abilities are invited to get involved with the event.
You may also want to watch:
The project has been supported by the Women's Vote Centenary Grants Scheme.
Dress, Paint, Pose like a Suffragist is at the Castle Mall from 11am until 5pm on Tuesday, February 6 and Wednesday, February 7.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
For more of what's happening around Norfolk this year, join our new Facebook group Norfolk Going Out