Pop-up exhibition will celebrate the centenary of voting rights for women
- Credit: supplied by Norwich Dandies
A pop-up exhibition and art workshop celebrating the centenary of voting rights for women is taking place at the Castle Mall in Norwich.
Dress, Paint, Pose like a Suffragist is being presented by the Norwich Dandies in the Kastle Kids unit at the Norwich shopping centre on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.
The exhibition features work from local, national and international artists, and throughout the event there will also be a drop-in creative arts workshop.
People can dress up as a Suffragist (or Dandy), pose as models for others to paint, or pick up a paintbrush and have a go at painting a picture themselves.
People of all ages and of all artistic abilities are invited to get involved with the event.
The project has been supported by the Women's Vote Centenary Grants Scheme.
Dress, Paint, Pose like a Suffragist is at the Castle Mall from 11am until 5pm on Tuesday, February 6 and Wednesday, February 7.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 4 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 8 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 9 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 10 Mercedes owner clocked doing 113mph on A47 escapes driving ban
For more of what's happening around Norfolk this year, join our new Facebook group Norfolk Going Out