Norwich City chairman Ed Balls says Strictly Come Dancing is more nerve-racking than election night
- Credit: PA
Waiting for the results after each round of Strictly Come Dancing is 'more tense than a general election', former Labour MP and Norwich City chairman Ed Balls.
He confirmed that contestants had no idea if they had done enough to stay in the competition until the results were announced.
After making it to the third round of the contest on Sunday, he said: 'I can categorically confirm we had no idea whether we were safe or in the dance-off. Just a long wait, thinking we would probably have to dance our routine again.
'Which, for me, made the results even more tense than a general election. When candidates to be MPs stand on stage to hear the Returning Officer read out the votes, they've already been told the results backstage - and have had a few minutes to prepare.'
But Balls added that his former Westminster colleagues have been equally supportive of his dancing career.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I had so many politicians - George Osborne, Michael Gove, Gordon Brown - telling me 'well done', but what made me happiest was a mum telling me she was reading my book when her eight-year-old daughter saw my picture on the front, and said, 'That's that really good dancer'.'
Balls and his partner Katya Jones scored 24 points from the judges for their samba to a song from the film 'The Mask' which saw the 49-year-old don a yellow suit and paint his face green.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 5 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 8 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
It is rumoured that this weekend the dancing duo will be performing a Paso Doble to a Bonnie Tyler song.