Norwich artist invites public to add colour to the lanes
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Grab your pens and bring some colour to Norwich Lanes.
A limited edition colouring book capturing some of the area's beautiful architecture has been released just in time for Christmas.
The city's stocking filler for all ages was created by Beverley Coraldean, 31, from the lanes. Inspired by the love of her home, she said: 'I really like drawing buildings around this area and the community has been really supportive.'
The Birdcage, a bar on Pottergate, features in the book alongside the green where whatever the weather people can be found enjoying fish and chips.
Earlier this year the artist took part in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, sketching landmark buildings on the walls and had a pleasant surprise when people joined in.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'It amazed me how many adults came and spent so much time colouring them in. That was when the I thought I had to do a colouring in book.'
The Colour-In Norwich Lanes book costs £5 and is available from shops scattered throughout the area between the market and the River Wensum.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Profits from the book will be put back into the lanes, helping the area to organise event and community projects.
- If you have a story about an art project in the local area, email email@example.com or call 01603 772531