Britain’s poshest Christmas train is coming to Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Step into Christmas in style this year on board Britain's version of the Orient Express which is coming to Norfolk.
The Northern Belle is jingling all the way into Norwich Station on Thursday, December 12 and guests are in for a cracker of a day with a seven-course meal to enjoy.
The luxury locomotive will arrive into the city at 12.30pm, where it will stay for around ten minutes for boarding, and will then go on a round trip, including a stop in Ipswich at 1.30pm to pick up passengers.
Train spotters living between the two stations, in locations such as Diss and Stowmarket along the line, will be able to see the Northern Belle passing through.
Forget dry turkey and overcooked Brussels sprouts this Christmas, as you will enjoy a seven-course festive meal with wine, which will also include a cheese board, biscuits and chutneys.
You may also want to watch:
Father Christmas will be putting in an appearance too and there will be live musicians and a conjuror adding a touch of magic across the seven 1930s-style Pullman carriages.
A spokesman for Northern Belle said: "Our on board chef Matthew Green is planning a delicious festive meal.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
"The train harks back to the golden days of rail travel when the journey itself was as important as the destination and nothing is too good for passengers on the Northern Belle."
The train will arrive back into Norwich at 5.30pm and drop passengers back in Ipswich at 6.30pm.
Tickets cost £260 per person and can be purchased at northernbelle.co.uk or by phone on 01270 899681.