North Walsham arts venue to Nelson Mandela and Lego films
- Credit: THE CANADIAN PRESS
A hard-hitting film about the late Nelson Mandela will be screened at a North Walsham arts venue.
Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom, starring Idris Elba and Naomie Harris, will be shown at the Atrium tomorrow at 3.30pm and 7pm.
Audiences will be able to enjoy the film as well as tea and cake for £5 in the afternoon and £6 (£5 concessions) in the evening.
The Lego Movie will be the Atrium's family-friendly screening on Saturday October 11 at 11am.
Tickets for children are £3 (accompanying adults free). All other tickets are £3.
The family-friendly screenings are accompanied by activity in the café before the film, including a play area, colouring-in and themed games.
Norwich City Concert Band, following on from sell out shows elsewhere, will be presenting an evening of songs from West End shows and films, from Les Miserables and Lloyd Webber to Bond and Monty Python on Friday October 17 at the Atrium at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £7 for adults and £5 for under 15s.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 5 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 6 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
The concert band formed in 1998 and has toured to Belgium, Holland and Germany.
It has always been very supportive of charities with different fund-raising concerts.
Under the direction of Brian Dermott, the band has a wide repertoire and is always interested in developing its programmes and membership.
Joseph Ballard, director of Arts North Norfolk, said: 'It's great to welcome the city's concert band to our stage here at the Atrium theatre.
'We've had many requests for more live music and this concert will present familiar show tunes and movie themes.
'We're hoping it'll help get people in the mood to perhaps pick up an instrument themselves or join one of our music and singing groups.'
The Atrium is on Spenser Avenue on the site of North Walsham High School.
To find out more and to book tickets visit www.artsnorthnorfolk.org, call 01692 218060, email email@example.com or visit Arts North Norfolk box office at No. 1 Market Place, North Walsham.
No. 1 is open Wednesday to Saturday, 9.30am-1pm. Tickets can also be bought from the Showcase Gallery on North Walsham Market Place.