North Walsham arts centre to show movie classics
- Credit: Archant
A Disney classic, its latest blockbuster and a look behind-the-camera will be screened this month at a North Walsham arts venue.
Saturday morning cinema at the Atrium is back with the classic musical Mary Poppins on Saturday July 12 and Disney's blockbuster Frozen on Saturday July 19, both at 11am. All tickets are £3 – with free admission for accompanying adults.
Colouring in and other film-related activities will also be on hand for before or even during the film for youngsters.
The bi-monthly matinee will be Saving Mr Banks and as well as the film, tea and cake will also be served, all for £5.
Saving Mr Banks looks at the story behind the making of the Mary Poppins film, as Walt has to persuade the book's author to sway towards the Disney vision.
It stars Tom Hanks as Walt Disney and Emma Thompson as P L Travers, the story's author, and will be shown tomorrow at 3.30pm and 7pm, with the café open from 2.45pm.
Joseph Ballard, the Atrium's director, said: 'Families are a huge part of North Walsham's make-up, so we've responded by planning family-friendly morning screenings where anyone is welcome. With kids tickets at just £3, we want to encourage more people to come and share all we do here at the Atrium ahead of our exciting summer.'
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
The summer season has also been announced – with the Atrium's first open day taking place on Saturday August 9, promising free tasters, activities, a two-week film club for teenagers and the popular summer club for eight to 14 year olds.
The summer club participants will be exploring a werewolf-ridden retelling of Little Red Riding Hood this year.
For tickets and more information visit the Atrium box office, open from Wednesday to Friday afternoons, call 01692 400080 or book online at www.theatrium.org.uk.
Tickets can also be bought from the Showcase Gallery and Newsagents in North Walsham Market Place.