WATCH: Free aviation museum is a great day out for everyone
- Credit: Archant
The volunteer run aviation heritage centre on the Norfolk and Suffolk border does not charge for admission.
A haven for plane enthusiasts, the Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum is full of exhibits and models with 62 aircrafts on display either complete or in parts.
With lots of indoor displays and different groups of aircraft, from bombers to American war planes, there's a story from aviation history around every corner.
On special open days and events visitors can even explore inside some of the planes on display.
As well as the museum pieces there's also a café and a shop for visitors to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
Morris Jackman, a committee member of the museum, said: 'There's virtually something for everyone, we cover all different periods and even if you're not into aircraft you can come and have a cup of tea and a bun and if the weather's nice you can walk down to the river on our board walk.'
'All in all you can have a jolly fine time,' he said.
- 1 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Will you be visiting the Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation museum? Let us know in the comments.