Norfolk man shines on X Factor in Chile
A Norfolk teenager has shot to stardom in a South American version of popular television talent show The X Factor.
Charlie Bick, 19, had been studying Spanish in Santiago, the capital of Chile, before deciding to enter and surprisingly making it through to the final 12 for the live televised stages.
Originally from Methwold, near Thetford, he has made it through to the next round after singing Michael Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel on the first live show this week.
He is competing in a band with two girls, after initially being eliminated from the final round of auditions as a solo artist and being brought back to work with Aduana, a female duo, for the live shows.
His father David, a London business expert, said: 'It is a very good start. He said it had been a fantastic experience and the whole atmosphere in the studio was superb.
'He loves the people in Chile and they seem to love him, so there's a real connection.'
The singer has gained 5,000 female followers on Facebook and over 70,000 hits on YouTube since appearing on the show.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 10 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
Watch the video of his audition by clicking the link on the top right of this page.