Norfolk Lights Express: More details revealed about festive favourite
- Credit: Leigh Caudwell/North Norfolk
The North Norfolk Railway has shared more details about what to expect when on board its Norfolk Lights Express.
The experience will run from November 15, 2021 until January 3, 2022, with the exception of December 6, 24, 25 and 26.
The experience offers the chance to see the north Norfolk countryside at night on board an historic steam engine.
Commercial manager Graham Hukins, 53, from Sheringham, said: "Our Norfolk Lights Express will give a chance to see the Norfolk countryside in literally a different light.
"The 11-mile return journey will travel from Sheringham to Holt and will take around an hour and 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
"The experience combines the opportunity to travel on a vintage steam train in our beautifully restored carriages, alongside a 21st century, multi-sensory experience.
"The light display will be heightened by a soundtrack that is triggered at different points of the journey.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
"There will be a handful of colourful dioramas to see outside the window during the course of the journey, with some measuring 100 metres in length.
"Our Old Luggage Office Buffet will be available for refreshments at Sheringham station, serving hot soups, homemade cakes, hot chocolates and other beverages."
Tickets cost £18 per person and trains will depart at 5.30pm and 7.30pm, however on some weekends and the week running up to Christmas there will only be trains at 7.30pm, on New Year's Eve, there will only be one departure at 5.30pm.
As well as the Norfolk Lights Express, North North Railway are also offering the chance to ride on a ghost train this Halloween.
The train will leave from Sheringham and travel to this isolated Edwardian station of Weybourne, during which old smuggling legends and tales of mysterious apparitions will be told by a resident storyteller.
For those hoping to meet Santa, there will also be the Santa Special experience running from November 27 to December 24.
This autumn and winter season offers a number of other experiences to enjoy on Norfolk's heritage railways.
The Festive Express on the Bure Valley Railway begins in December and the Polar Express experience at the Mid-Norfolk railway will start in November this year.