Regular Sunday lunchtime diet of jazz at St George’s cafe
- Credit: Norfolk Jazz
Sunday lunchtime jazz is being introduced to the menu at St George's Theatre café in Great Yarmouth.
The regular sessions aim to provide a varied diet of music for jazz fans and attract a new audience to the reviving venue in the heart of the town.
The first one is on Sunday February 18 and features Norfolk Jazz, who – like the other bands - will be majoring in jazz standards and music from the American songbook. Tim Densham (clarinet and sax), Peter Gregory (guitar) Liz Underdown (bass) and Vic Brown (drums) are a versatile combination whose experience ranges from skiffle and rock and roll to orchestral and dance music.
Tickets are £6 and jazz fans are also invited to combine the music with enjoying a light lunch at St George's café.
Norfolk Jazz drummer Vic Brown is organising the jazz events and said: 'We have built up a regular and loyal audience at similar sessions we have run at Sheringham Little Theatre over the past three years and are excited about taking jazz to another venue.'
You may also want to watch:
Other jazz sessions include:
March 18 – Tom Harris Trio - New takes on old favourites from Tom Harris (piano), Vilem Hais (double bass) and Neil Kane (drums).
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
April 15 – The Art of the Trio – Music of the great jazz guitarists including Herb Ellis, Barney Kessell, Tal Farlow and Oscar Moore by Phil Brooke (guitar), Simon Brown (piano) and Ivars Galenieks (bass)
May 20 – Red Shadow Quartet – original material and jazz standards from Peter Hayes (piano), Trevor Rowland (sax), Dave Pullin (bass) and Rob Masters (drums).
Other upcoming musical offerings at St George's include:
March 3 - Aba Queens – Mamma Mia. Here I go Again!
March 10 - Les McKeown's Bay City Rollers
March 17 - Pure Floyd
March 23 - Hayley Moyses and the Britgrass Three
April 7 - Twist and Shout 1960s nostalgia
April 25 – The Fureys
May 5 – Jersey Guys
May 12 – Lee Vasey Band party night
May 18 – Kast Off Kinks
May 19 - Tina Turner tribute
June 2 -Rolling Clones
Tickets and details from the box office on 01493 331484 or www.stgeorgestheatre.com