200-mile Norfolk Day tour at halfway point in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
The Norfolk Day grand tour is at the halfway point as the county's mayors and chairmen arrive in King's Lynn.
The Norfolk Grand Tour is visiting ten locations around Norfolk ahead of Norfolk Day on Friday, July 27 to showcase much of what the county has to offer.
Meeting at the historic quarter of the town in Lynn's Saturday Market Place, the chairmen and chains made a quick pit-stop to the Town Hall before heading off to Sandringham.
The 200-mile round-trip tour began in Great Yarmouth this morning at 8.30am, where the civic dignitaries enjoyed a trip to Joyland Snails before making their way to Mousehold Heath and The Forum in Norwich.
The tour continued to Bressingham Steam Museum and Captain Mainwaring Bench in Thetford before making its way to West Norfolk. The Norfolk Grand Tour will continue to Sandringham and Cromer before ending in Great Yarmouth - with a fish and chips supper by the seaside.
'You can't go to the seaside without getting fish and chips,' said Mayor of Great Yarmouth Mary Coleman.
'What has been wonderful about today is getting to meet people along the way, we all have the same aims for Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
West Norfolk mayor Nick Daubney added: 'It has been a fantastic day, raising awareness of the lovely county we are living in.
'It is a huge and diverse county, there is so much to see and enjoy.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub