Norfolk boys enjoying The Great Outdoors
Back in the early Eighties they were known as The Farmer's Boys. Then after 12 years of doing, “sod-all musically”, that's the record company's description not mine, they recuperated and formed The Great Outdoors.
BACK in the early Eighties they were known as The Farmer's Boys.
Then after 12 years of doing, “sod-all musically”, that's the record company's description not mine, they recuperated and formed The Great Outdoors.
Now Baz, Mark, Stan, all three from those early Farmers years, and two additional musicians by the name of Robert and Justin are back at the forefront of the city's music scene with the release of their debut album What We Did in the Holidays.
Stan said: “We are all dead chuffed with the album. It has some really good vibes about it and everyone has said it sounds really fresh.
“It also has a very low embarrassment factor and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with it!”
What We Did in the Holidays has been described as “full of jangly bits, lush orchestrations and heart-rending melodies” and features 11 songs in total including the new single My Heart Alive, released at the same time as the album on Backs Records.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 6 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 7 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 10 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
In fact the very first singles to be released on the Backs label were courtesy of The Farmer's Boys, who went on to release the two albums Get Out and Walk and With These Hands on EMI and the single In the Country, who nearly hit the top 40.
And many of you will remember last year's Fierce Panda release of two Great Outdoors' singles which received top 30 indie chart placings and airplay courtesy of the mighty Radio One DJ John Peel.
What we Did In Our Holidays is released on Backs Records in January 29 – for more details email email@example.com