Norfolk Bird and Wildlife Fair returning to Mannington Hall
- Credit: Archant
A celebration of countryside creatures takes place at the Norfolk Bird and Wildlife Fair being hosted at Mannington Hall this weekend.
The expanded event encompasses all aspects of wildlife with activities for the whole family as well as the hardened twitcher.
Bill Oddie is among authors will be attending to sign books and give presentations on the Sunday.
Visitors can see around 70 businesses connected with the environment including wildlife charities, holiday companies, optics, cameras, books, bird boxes and clothing.
This year there will be a lot of new artists and sculptors making it one of the biggest displays of wildlife artists in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
Butterfly conservation will show specimens caught in moth traps. There will also be raptors, a family ladybird trail, pond dipping, face painting, an introduction to geo-caching trail, bird walks, hedgehog making, seed planting, and forest school activities.
The aim of the event is to raise money for conservation projects in Norfolk and ticket holders will be invited to choose where they would like profits to go.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
The fair is open from 9-5pm. More details at www.norfolkbirdfair.com