Norfolk artist’s exhibition celebrates the beauty of the Broads
- Credit: David Dane
From early morning on Barton Broad to moonrise on the Bure Marshes, an array of beautiful Broadland scenes painted by artist David Dane are set to go on display in a new exhibition.
Free Spirit: Glimpses of the Spirit of Broadland opens at The Boathouse, Ormesby Broad, on Saturday, November 25.
It will feature a selection of original oil paintings and prints by Mr Dane who has enjoyed painting the Broads and exploring the landscape for more than 40 years.
Mr Dane, who lives on the edge of Sutton Fen, said: 'A boat on the Broads can offer both peace and freedom. The moment the mooring ropes are released, the boat becomes your own personal island and fortunately there are still unspoilt hideaways and timeless places to escape to in Broadland.'
Free Spirit: Glimpses of the Spirit of Broadland is at The Boathouse, Ormesby Broad, Ormesby St Michael, NR29 3LP, from November 25 until December 3.
The exhibition, sponsored by Viridian Nutrition, is open 11am until 4pm each day.
For more about Mr Dane's artwork, visit www.dfdaneoilpaintings.co.uk
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party