Norfolk artist’s exhibition celebrates the beauty of the Broads
- Credit: David Dane
From early morning on Barton Broad to moonrise on the Bure Marshes, an array of beautiful Broadland scenes painted by artist David Dane are set to go on display in a new exhibition.
Free Spirit: Glimpses of the Spirit of Broadland opens at The Boathouse, Ormesby Broad, on Saturday, November 25.
It will feature a selection of original oil paintings and prints by Mr Dane who has enjoyed painting the Broads and exploring the landscape for more than 40 years.
Mr Dane, who lives on the edge of Sutton Fen, said: 'A boat on the Broads can offer both peace and freedom. The moment the mooring ropes are released, the boat becomes your own personal island and fortunately there are still unspoilt hideaways and timeless places to escape to in Broadland.'
Free Spirit: Glimpses of the Spirit of Broadland is at The Boathouse, Ormesby Broad, Ormesby St Michael, NR29 3LP, from November 25 until December 3.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, sponsored by Viridian Nutrition, is open 11am until 4pm each day.
For more about Mr Dane's artwork, visit www.dfdaneoilpaintings.co.uk
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 10 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village