Norfolk artist and former County Council chairman Peter Baldwin selected for Royal Society of British Artists Exhibition 2017
- Credit: Peter Baldwin
Work by a Norfolk artist has been selected for the prestigious annual Royal Society of British Artists Exhibition, which runs at the Mall Galleries, London, next month.
Peter Baldwin, who lives at Sheringham, graduated from Norwich School of Art in 1962.
His work has since become highly collectable and as well as being held in public collections at venues including the Castle Museum and the Sainsbury Centre at Norwich, it has been exhibited at galleries all over the country, featured in numerous art books and been featured in exhibitions ranging from Royal Academy summer show, to the Eastern Open.
Mr Baldwin, who is a former chairman of Norfolk County Council, was delighted to have two paintings chosen from a record 1,600 entries into the annual show, which runs at the Mall Galleries from March 22 to April 1st.
His paintings will go on show alongside work by some of the country's leading figurative artists.
You may also want to watch:
To see more of Peter Baldwin's work, visit www.peterbaldwinartist.co.uk
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?