Free festival fun for everyone in Norwich park this weekend
- Credit: Mark Dawson Photography
Weird and wonderful acts galore will entertain the crowds at a giant garden party full of free festival fun this weekend.
Norfolk and Norwich Festival's popular Garden Party is once again returning to Norwich's Chapelfield Gardens and will be presenting an eclectic mix of show and events for people of all ages throughout Saturday and Sunday.
Meanwhile nearby in Millennium Plain, Ockham's Razor will also be wowing the crowds with free performances of the company's show Belly of the Whale which sees performers ride a giant semi-circular see-saw that becomes everything from a catapult to a rocking cradle to a slide.
The weekend's festivities are a key part of the festival's free outdoor programme, and festival director Daniel Brine is encouraging everyone to join in the fun.
'It's really important for us that the festival is for everyone,' he said.
'The free outdoor work gives everybody a chance to take part, and the free work in the outdoor spaces is just as great as the stuff indoors!'
You may also want to watch:
Highlights at Chapelfield Gardens will range from everything from A Bird in the Hand Theatre's The Bewonderment Machine - a cycle-powered carousel which takes children on a magical journey - to Mind the Gap's Mirror Mirror which will see two strange mirrored beings from outer space interact with the crowds.
Travelling Light Circus will be bringing The Playground of Illusions, meanwhile Max Calaf Sevé's show Dip will entertain with air-twisting tricks and funky tunes, and Hikapee's aerial spectacle Look Up is set to wow with a mix of circus, puppetry and theatre.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 9 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 10 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
Lucy Enskat will perform her show Like a Tree about about life, love and everything after and Flex Dance Company will take to the stage with the show Wired.
The Garden Party is 11am-5pm on both Saturday and Sunday at Chapelfield Gardens. The programme on both days includes: The Bewonderment Machine 11.45am, 1.15pm and 2.45pm; Wired 12pm, 1pm and 2.45pm; Look Up 1.15pm and 4pm; Dip 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.30pm; Mirror Mirror 11am, 12.45pm, 2.15pm and 4.30pm; The Playground of Illusions 12pm–4pm; and Like a Tree 11.30am, 1.30pm and 3pm.
Ockham's Razor will perform Belly of the Whale at 12pm and 2.30pm on Saturday and Sunday outside The Forum.
• Visit www.nnfestival.org.uk
• For your daily guide to festival events click here
• For all the latest festival news and reviews click here