Everything you need to know about Nor-Con 2018
- Credit: Archant
As Nor-Con returns to the Norfolk Showground for an eighth year of sci-fi and fantasy fun this weekend, here's everything you need to know about the event.
What is it?
Nor-Con is the Norfolk TV, Film and Comic Con, a two day event where people who love SciFi and Fantasy TV and film can come together and celebrate their favourite things. Celebrity guests often make appearances at the event and a range of exhibitors will be attending, selling merchandise, collectables and more. Vehicles, costumes and cosplay will also be on display.
Who's going to be there?
You may also want to watch:
Film and TV stars currently confirmed for the weekend include Tim Russ (Star Trek Voyager), Guy Henry (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Hugo Myatt (Knightmare), Paul Blake (Star Wars - A New Hope), John Campling (Harry Potter, Final Fantasy XV), Louis Cordice (Harry Potter), Paul Warren (Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor: The Dark World), Ryan Gage (The Hobbit) and Shane Rimmer (Thunderbirds). A range of comic artists will also be attending, such as Lee Townsend and Martin Griffiths. YouTubers Caddicarus and DidYouKnowGaming will also be at the event over the weekend.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
How can I get tickets?
Tickets are available online from nor-con.co.uk
Weekend tickets cost £29 for adults, £19 for children and £90 for a family of two adults and two children.
There will be no pay on the door entry allowed as it is a ticket-only event.
What are the opening times?
The event is open from 9.30am to 5pm on Saturday and 9.30am to 4pm on Sunday.
The show closes at 5pm on Saturday and 4pm on Sunday.
Free parking will be available at the showground.
Can I come in costume?
Yes, however this is subject to inspection upon entry. Any hard or sharp objects will not be allowed inside the venue and will be removed until you leave.
• Nor-Con recommend that all children under the age of 14 attend the event with an adult.
• There is no cash point on site but there is a cashpoint at The Showground Pub opposite the event location and at Sainsbury's at the Longwater Trading Estate.
• Registered carers can enter the event for free when accompanying a disabled person.
• No smoking, vaping or alcohol is allowed inside the venue.
• No animals are permitted into the venue.
For more information visit nor-con.co.uk